championing the human-animal bond by supporting the most vulnerable in our community
Our outreach program, Companion Carers, assists people who are temporarily unable to provide basic care for their pet and have no family or friends who can support them.
Our Carers provide practical support to people experiencing hardship to keep and care for their beloved companion animals, helping to ensure they can be kept together for as long as possible.
Dog walking & enrichment activities
Cat enrichment & playing
Litter tray cleaning
Collecting dog faeces
Feeding & watering
Administering daily medication (under guidance of a veterinary professional)
Transportation of animals to and from a local vet hospital for procedures
Dropping off food & supplies
Up to 4 weeks.
Applications are to be completed on behalf of the Client by the Client’s:
- Allied Health Professional
- General Practitioner
- Social Worker
- Support Worker
For Clients to be eligible to receive assistance through the Companion Carers program they must meet the following criteria:
- Genuinely experiencing significant hardship which limits their ability to care for their pet
- Do not have friends or family who are able to provide assistance
- Located within 10km of Rosanna Victoria (3084)
- Animals must be desexed and microchipped
- Animals must not be used for breeding purposes
- Animals will need to pass a behaviour assessment
get in touch
For more information on the eligibility criteria or to submit an application for assistance, please contact us.